The Wildlife Group of the SAVA conference will be held at the Arnold Theiler Building, Lecture Hall 1-35 at the Faculty of Veterinary Science of the University of Pretoria at Onderstepoort, Pretoria, South Africa. The 3-day conference on 5,6 and 7 March 2020 is preceded by a workshop day.
Main topics of the conference will cover but are not limited to: Immobilisation, Infectious diseases, Clinical case studies, Captive breeding and Environmental and One Health.
The conference aims to provide an international platform for researchers and veterinarians with an interest in wildlife and wildlife management to present their knowledge and experience. Please submit an original research paper/ abstract, review of recent topics relevant to wildlife or zoo veterinarians or a case study for oral and poster presentations and publication in the conference proceedings.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 30 November 2019
- Abstract submission: email@example.com or the organising committee
- Enquiries Scientific programme: Dr G Simpson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Dr A Bruens (email@example.com)
- Successful authors will be notified within 4 weeks. Submitters must be willing to accept the terms and conditions for speakers
- The presenter of each accepted abstract will receive free registration at the conference for the day of his/her presentation. Travel, subsistence and accommodation expenses will not be covered.
Guideline to Authors
The abstract must be a complete but concise synopsis of the content that will be both informative and useful to the potential audience. The format for the abstracts is flexible, but should contain a clear objective, methods and results (where applicable) and a logical conclusion. Two independent people will review abstracts and successful authors will be notified within 4 weeks. Submitters must accept the terms and conditions for speakers.
Abstracts that do not comply with the following format will be returned to the authors for corrections:
- Must be in English and typed in MS-word format. Abstracts may not exceed 350 words
- Script must be in 12 Times new Roman font, with single spacing, single column and left justified
- Must clearly indicate the author’s name. Write names of authors in the order of last names and asterisk (*) the person who will be the presente
- Must clearly indicate the organisation. (Name and location of institution, clinic, practice etc). if the affiliation of co-workers differs, indicate the names and affiliations by corresponding numbers (Superscripts)
- Must contain a list of references.